Socorro & Hueco 2006

Dan, Todd and I went out to Hueco in 2006 to spread some of Ryan's ashes and enjoy the fantastic climbing. We took the Bin-To-Win and made sure to seek out the new location of CiCi's Feces...

I was reading Stone Crusade on the way down and I couldn't get the picture of Bob Murray on "Left to Roof" out of my mind. We had to stop in Socorro, NM. It was only supposed to be V5 but it took some serious effort - and with the light quickly leaving the canyon, I was freaking out. Was it worth blowing out my strength for the rest of the trip for that problem? (I woke up in the middle of the night with pain in my arms from pushing it too hard too fast...)

I proceeded to flap like no-one's business in Hueco... A fingertip flapper from Jigsaw Puzzle (frustrated, I didn't touch Moonshine Roof at all on our tour) and then a pinky flapper from the Gymnasium. But you can't fault Hueco... She's pure.

The most important part of this video is this: It's Todd's proof that he DID send Nobody Gets Out of Here Alive!!!

No comments: